DIY Smart Aquaponics
In this workshop we will cover:
- model from nature to understand the basics of aquaponics
- design, fabricate and build aquaponic gardens using open source tools and laser cutters
- physical data abstraction, data collection and data logging
- system configuration and software programming
- data visualization, alerting and remote control
- video streaming and timelapse photography
The control system is based of our new smart v2 controller platform capable of:
– remotely monitoring variables such as temperature, light level, sounds, water quality and more.
– automating processes such as turning on and off lights, controlling feeder, controlling water flows, refiling water and more.
– data logging and visualizing data and providing graphical simulations.
– sending real-time alerts using twitter, text, or email.
– Integrating with social networks such as facebook and twitter.
– streaming video, motion detection and time-lapse photography.